Why should Christian homeschooled students attend classes?
- Courses are taught from a Christian world view
- Learning under an experienced, Christian teacher
- Accountable to someone else besides Mom or Dad for school work
- Improved time management skills
- Making new friends
- Learning with friends
- Healthy competition
- Improved communication skills
How do I contact the teachers?
You are welcome to ask questions to the teachers via email. Their email addresses are on the Teachers page.
Can I observe classes to see whether CEC is right for my student?
Yes, please contact Doreen McIlwraith at 267-820-8232 or firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a day to visit CEC.
Does a parent need to stay on campus while their student is in class?
No, CEC is a drop-off program. However, parents are required to serve as a front door monitor for at least one class period out of the year.
Do I need to purchase the required texts, or are they included in the tuition price?
Yes. You will need to obtain and purchase all the books listed in the required texts section on the individual course description pages.
I understand that the History courses are taught in chronological order in a 4-year cycle. How is it divided?
The history cycle is:
- Year 1: Creation to the Fall of Rome (476 AD)
- Year 2: The Medieval World to the Age of Exploration (500-1650)
- Year 3: Colonial America to Reconstruction (1600-1877)
- Year 4: The Gilded Age to the Present (1877-Present)
We are in the first year of the history cycle for the 2019-2020 school year.